WHY DO PEOPLE CHOOSE A HARLEY-DAVIDSON® TRIKE?
If you've spent your riding career on two wheels, you might wonder why anyone would ever trade that for a Harley-Davidson® Trike. Could anything ever measure up to the freedom of riding a Street, Sportster, Softail, Touring or CVO through the Dallas streets? If there's no lean angle, will you still feel the same connection to the road?
When you read forums and talk to riders, their reasons for choosing a Harley-Davidson® Trike are varied. Here are a few of the most common:
- Some are new riders. They want a bike but feel safer on three wheels from the beginning.
- Couples buy a Trike (or two) because they go on long road trips and Trikes provide the ultimate in comfort and storage capacity.
- Riders get to the point where they don't feel as physically able to ride a motorcycle but they don't want to give up the Harley® lifestyle. They buy a Trike.
To Harley Owner's Groups, it doesn't matter if you're on three wheels or two. We respect that you ride. New riders find a Trike allows them to experience the camaraderie only found at H-D® events and riders switching because of age don't lose touch with old friends.
WHAT ARE YOUR CHOICES FOR TRIKES FOR SALE IN DALLAS?
Right now Harley-Davidson® is making two Trike models, the Freewheeler® and the Tri Glide® Ultra. Let's compare and contrast.
- Freewheeler is lighter than Tri Glide Ultra, this model year by almost 200 pounds.
- Freewheeler offers two cubic feet of luggage capacity. Tri Glide Ultra has 6.8 cubic feet.
- Both get similar fuel economy, an important consideration if you're buying it for long road trips.
- Tri Glide Ultra comes standard with Boom!™ Box GTS. You can have it added to Freewheeler.
- Tri Glide Ultra costs more, but it comes in custom colors and two-tone paint. It also comes with a passenger intercom.
- Freewheeler has a lower seat but also a little more ground clearance.
Each model has its strengths. This is one situation where it's good to do your research, but there's no substitute for experience. Everyone's riding style and comfort requirements are different. Test ride a Freewheeler®, then test ride a Tri Glide® Ultra. Then you can compare more accurately.
2019 TRIKE REVIEWS
When we first saw the 2019 models at this year's dealer show, we all gave it rave reviews. This model year has some significant upgrades. Both Trikes switched from a Milwaukee Eight® 107 to a Milwaukee Eight® 114 for up to nine percent more torque. That means when you crank the throttle, you pull away from Dallas traffic faster. This year's Trikes also have a new Reflex Linked Brake system for enhanced traction control and a completely new adjustable suspension calibrated uniquely for models with three wheels.
SHOULD YOU BUY A USED TRIKE MOTORCYCLES FOR SALE?
Click photo for this Tri Glide Ultra
If MSRP on a new Freewheeler® or Tri Glide® Ultra is too steep for your current budget, you might be looking to buy a used Trike in the DFW area. Expect Harley® reliability in its Trikes just like you would anything else the manufacturer makes. Just be cautious about any used model's history.
When you buy a used Trike at our Garland dealership, it has already gone through an intensive 40-point inspection to check all major and minor components. Before we put it on the showroom floor our factory-trained technicians check the engine, transmission, gaskets, seals, tires and everything else that matters. When you buy from us you know you're getting a reliable bike, and your Trike is also eligible for an extended warranty.
For more on that, see How Much Does Mileage Matter on a Used Motorcycle in Dallas
Almost everyone we talk to raves about their Trike. The only negative we've heard came from one of our regulars who said "The only problem I'm having with my Tri Glide Ultra is I can't get it through my front door." Yep, it's a problem.
If that's one you can deal with, come try one for yourself. Check out our online inventory, view 2019 Trikes for sale in Dallas or test ride a Triketoday.